As much as we like to live well as preppers and maybe even cook the occasional gourmet food storage meal, there’s also plenty of room for making your life as easy as possible when times are tough. In this case, it’s about food that can be eaten without much–if any–work whatsoever.
This list of no-cook foods may be obvious to most but it never hurts to have a reminder as to what can be eaten without any additional effort. After all, if you’re truly trying to survive the immediate aftermath of an emergency then I’m sure the last thing you want to do is to cook a meal. Sometimes the best we can do is grab something quick to fill our tummies.
Hopefully this list helps you more easily prepare yourself and your family for even the smallest of disruptions in your life. Note that this list is in no particular order:
- canned meats (tuna, chicken, spam, etc)
- canned soups (beef stew, clam chowder, chili, pork and beans, etc)
- canned fruits (mixed fruit, pineapple, etc)
- canned veggies (anything is edible)
- most anything packaged (except for foods that require boiling water, for example)
- emergency bars (Mainstay, Datrex, etc)
- trail mix (a great snack food)
- granola bars
- beef jerky
- fresh fruit and veggies
- popcorn (pre-popped, of course)
- snack foods (chips, pretzels, crackers, etc)
- sweet foods (cookies, graham crackers, pastries, etc)
- breakfast grab-and-go foods (poptarts)
- sports drinks (Gatorade)
- juice drinks
- baby food (for the baby!)
- shelf stable milks (almond milk or dry milk powder)
- peanut butter
- cereal (you name it, you can eat it)
- freeze dried foods (will need water)
- nuts, seeds
- dried fruits
- bread, rolls
- oatmeal (yes, you can eat it dry but even hydrated in cold water is better)
- gum (not exactly something to eat but it keeps your mouth busy)
- pudding and jello (shelf stable, of course)
- ramen noodles (same considerations as for oatmeal)
- fruit leather
- various ethnic foods (Indian food)
So, what did I miss?
------------- PLEASE READ THIS *URGENT* MESSAGE BELOW -------------
If you're tired of wasting your hard-earned money on sub-par survival information that not only wastes your valuable time and, at best, teaches you one small aspect of preparedness... look no further than my one-of-a-kind family survival course: The PREPARED Path.
With this program you will discover the true secrets to survival, from "A to Z" and then some, including a wide range of tips, techniques, and strategies... you'll be 100% ready to provide for and protect your loved ones no matter the scenario! Bug in or bug out, you're covered.
Click the banner below to discover what The PREPARED Path is truly all about and, most importantly, what it can and will do for you and your family to get truly prepared right now...