I’m into top “fill in the blank” lists these days. Certainly there are hundreds of reason to NOT hope for TEOTWAWKI, I know I’m not looking forward to it if the day ever comes. But the other day I flippantly remarked to my wife that “at least my kids won’t be asking to play the computer every time I turn around when everything goes to pot!” Strangely, that sounded like a positive outcome so I thought I would try to come up with a few more; some are personal, others are meant to be funny, and still some are truly hopeful, enjoy…
18. My kids won’t ask to play the computer or Wii (because they won’t work).
17. Life won’t be so non-stop (that is, always running from place to place but never really getting anywhere).
16. Television shows like Keeping Up With the Kardashians, American Idol, and Jersey Shore won’t air anymore… hallelujah!
15. We–as a society–won’t be chasing the downward debt spiral anymore (credit cards, home loans, auto loans, student loans, etc).
14. The Federal Reserve won’t screw with our monetary system making it more and more difficult for normal people to live.
13. We’ll get back to a “simpler” lifestyle (instead of worrying about petty things like what so-and-so said about so-and-so when it didn’t matter in the first place).
12. I won’t have to hear about celebrities like Charlie Sheen, Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Ashton Kutcher, Kanye West, or Snooki anymore either.
11. Most people will lose weight and, if you have survived, will be far healthier for it.
10. We won’t be eating GMO foods at all.
9. My kids won’t ask to stop at McDonald’s or Wendy’s every three seconds when we’re in the car (not that we do often anyway).
8. The earth will begin to recover from our devastating activities (e.g., depleting water resources, pesticide use, chemical dumping, animal breeding practices, etc).
7. We’ll spend more time outdoors (getting sun and working the land) and not in front of the television, computer (my current problem), or smart phone.
6. Life won’t be so meaningless (there will actually be purpose to what you do each day such as gardening, teaching children, cleaning, etc).
5. My kids will choose better ways to entertain themselves other than video games.
4. Families will spend quality time together, neighbors will get to know each other, and the word “community” will actually mean something again.
3. Overcrowding won’t be such a concern any longer.
2. My kids will actually learn some real life sklls instead of facts they’ll probably forget tomorrow.
1. God may decide we’re worth saving.
Feel free to add your own!