I have made a few changes to reThinkSurvival.com (RTS)…
- First and foremost, I’ve added a reThinkSurvival Pinterest channel (is that’s what it’s called?) with many hundreds of pins relating to emergency preparedness. You can easily access it at any time using the quick link buttons in the upper right-hand sidebar. I look forward to add many interesting and useful pins in the future.
- I had to remove the RSS feeds I linked to in the sidebar because something was still causing load issues at times. As much as I wanted to share these feeds with you all the time it just wasn’t working out. You can, however, access RSS feeds for many of the blogs in the Authorized Sites page. On a more positive note, I think this declutters the site a bit too.
- I’ve also removed a handful of ads from the left sidebar. To me they are too distracting. I suspect you will agree the reduction is a better move.
- The Top 50 RSS Feeds page is driving me crazy. To be honest, I have no idea why some feeds work and others don’t. By and large, most feeds work most of the time. I think it has something to do with trying to pull nearly 50 feeds at one time. Whatever the problem is I believe it is still a worthwhile resource and will continue to allow the page to “live”.
- I’ve added a “Recommended for You” WordPress plugin that will popup in the bottom right of the screen whenever you’re viewing a post. Hopefully this will produce a better reading experience for you. I would enjoy feedback about it one way or another.
- I’ve updated my About Me page to include a few pictures and a bit more about me. I want you, the readers, to get to know me a bit better and to show that I AM a real person with a real life and family.
- What do you think of the site header? Designed it myself but may tweek it a bit though. Hopefully it’s a bit catchy and explains what reThinkSurvival is all about.