Over the next few weeks (or so) I plan on making several changes to the layout and availability of many items here at reThinkSurvival…
- FREE SUBSCRIBER CONTENT CHANGES: For starters, the fact that I currently require people to become subscribers to my website to obtain “free” information is not the best of plans, especially since I don’t do anything after they subscribe! Instead, I intend on re-purposing many of these items for (hopefully) better use. For example, I think I will offer my ebooks to people in exchange for “Likes” on Facebook in the future. My “emergency preparedness tools” Excel file may be given away in exchange for email/RSS sign-ups, but we’ll see.
- DESIGN YOUR KIT PAGES REMOVAL: The “design your own kit” pages will be removed because they do not work as intended. I may or may not continue to offer the Excel files either in their current format or perhaps as PDF files and maybe even try to update them. If any of this interests you please comment below and let me know.
- OTHER REMOVALS: I’m considering removing a number of other pages, including my “recommended amazon products,” “youtube product reviews,” “youtube knife reviews,” “submit your questions,” “real-time hazards monitoring,” “top 50 rss feeds” and maybe a few others. If you have an opinion one way or another, please let me know.
- QUIZ OF THE WEEK REMOVAL: I may stop posting a “quiz of the week” on Saturday as I’m not sure anyone cares! Otherwise, say something.
- VIDEO AND HOW-TO POST DOWNSIZING: I might (emphasis on might) weed out videos and how-to posts… but that’s likely a project for another month.
- EDITOR-AT-LARGE REQUEST: I’m looking for people to post quality articles here as an Editor-at-Large. I’ve tried this in the past but I usually received sub-par articles from people wanting to generate links to some website. Instead, I’m looking for people who REALLY want to contribute to a growing community. Currently, I have one person, T.R., who is doing an awesome job…. thank you, T.R. for your enthusiasm. If you’re interested in contributing then please contact me (don’t comment). I’m only looking for one or two posts a month, so it shouldn’t be a huge time commitment.
Last… I’m currently knee-deep in creating my own 12 module “Pathway to Preparedness” course that I had hoped to have finished by the start of next year and, of course, I’m not even close! I hope to have it completed by the end of January, but I refuse to rush it. This WILL be something that is available for purchase for a reasonable price and hope that you will find it not only interesting but VERY useful as well. I’ll let you know when it is finished.
Thank you, Damian (aka, “millenniumfly”)