Another SurvivalistBoards thread pointed out a White House petition titled A Gun in Every Classroom that aims to train and arm both teachers and administrators to carry firearms on school property as a result of the horrible events Friday; I thought that was a good and noble petition buth then I noticed the very next thread comment that pointed out all of the current gun ban petitions. As I write this (Friday night) I’ll include the relevant gun-related petitions and their current signatures:
- A Gun in Every Classroom (958 signatures)
- Stronger Gun Control (324 signatures)
- Work to End the Violence Committed by Assault Weapons (1,635 signatures)
- Sponsor Strict Gun Control Laws in the Wake of CT School Massacre (8,634 signatures)
- Start the Process to Enact Federal Gun Control Laws (3,811 signatures)
- Begin a National Conversation on Sensible Gun Control (2,978 signatures)
- Create a National Commission to Review Our Gun Laws (2,376 signatures)
- Set a Date and Time to Have a Conversation About Gun Policy (13,182 signatures)
I quit looking after the first 20 petitions, though, I’m sure there are plenty others. Strangely, my only major problem with signing the “gun in every classroom” petition is that I have to do so openly on the White House website.
So, you tell me… can we declare a TKO in the first round?
Take a moment and please choose to LIKE this post on Facebook and share via Twitter using the buttons below, or you may Email it to a friend quickly using the Email button shown directly above. Thank you for your time!
Want to take your prepping to the next level?Become a Pathway 2 Preparedness member and get yourself and your family ready for nearly any emergency in only 12 weeks! Prepare for sheltering-in-place, evacuation, and plenty more. Check it out.
Blog Owners: This content may be freely republished so long as the following credit is included at the top of the article: "This article was first published at reThinkSurvival.com."