Welcome! Please Read This First…
If you’re a new visitor then you’re in for a real treat. 😉
Not only will you find a wide variety of unique content from sun oven cooking to product reviews, my thoughts and experiments, and lots more… you’ll also find a ton of additional information, including:
- The Video Vault – several hundred videos on topics ranging from disaster planning, to food and water, medical and first aid, safety and security, fire, solar power, and more. Click here to view Disaster Planning videos as an example or use the navigation menu at the top of this site.
- The “How To” Knowledge Base – again, several hundred links detailing how to do more than you ever thought was possible (e.g., food storage, water treatment, first aid, fire, shelter, and so much more). Click here to view the “how to” page.
- The only Guide to the Net – the most useful (and free) tools, guides, and resources regarding all critical areas of emergency preparedness, including your hazard risk assessment, food storage, bulk foods, cooking, water procurement and treatment, home and personal safety, firearms, alternative energy, as well as dozens of additional guides and resources. There’s so much covered you just have to see it. Click here to view the Food Storage as an example or use the navigation menu at the top of this site.
My Unique Perspective Not Found Anywhere Else…
It’s unique because it comes solely from me but, more importantly, I try to cover a wide variety of interesting topics that will help you get better prepared and even live a better life. In fact, I’ve started trying to follow this schedule as much as I can:
- Make it Mondays: My experiences making anything and everything, including meals (especially from food storage foods) or from scratch recipes, DIY and “how to” projects (e.g., fire starters, solar projects, etc), homemade solutions (cleaners, hygiene products, etc) and whatever else I feel like trying and sharing.
- Whatever Wednesdays: A catch-all day for gear reviews, my musings and thoughts on preparedness, guest posts if they’re worthy, and anything that doesn’t nicely fit in another category.
- Frugal Fridays: My experiences living frugally, such as things we’ve given up, use less of, or alternatives to commercial-options in an effort to save money and maybe even live a healthier and, dare I suggest, more fulfilled life too.
- Super Savings /Safety Saturday: If I can find good deals on survival, preparedness, or hiking and camping gear, I’ll share them here. Alternatively, I might share safety tips and reminder if there’s no wonderful deals to mention.
- Supper Sundays: These are meals I make (such as with “meals in a jar”) or cook using THRIVE Life foods with the intention of making our hectic lives easier and truly healthier too. Plus they’re great for food storage! I may also cook foods in unconventional ways be it in a sun oven, dutch oven, slow cooker, thermos, over a campfire and so on.
Still Not Sure? You’ll Also Find…
- Real-Time Hazard Monitoring Tools (link here) for you to easily keep abreast of major disasters, from tornadoes to hurricanes, wildfire outlook, flood risk, tsunami watch, and more. FYI: this page can be found under the “Guide to the Net” menu at the top of this site.
- Hazard Risk Assessment Tools (link here) which are a compilation of references from NOAA weather resources to risks from specific disasters like earthquakes, crime reports, risks from nuclear disasters, and plenty more. FYI: this page can be found under the “Guide to the Net” menu at the top of this site.
- An assortment of Gear Reviews (link here) and even plenty of Survival Books (link here) are provided to get you and your family prepared quickly. These are products and books I’ve read and/or own.
- Many YouTube Product reviews (view the knife reviews here) have been accumulated, categorized and alphabetized for easy reference of many popular survival products, including backpacks, clothing, knives, lighting, radios, tents, tools, water treatment options, and so much more. Links are provided after the reviews for ease of purchase. These can all be found under the Gear Reviews navigation menu at the top of this site.
- Like Pinterest? Find thousands of the most current, interesting, and useful Pinterest Pins (link here) all on one easy-to-reference, yet categorized, page.
To keep up simply subscribe below via email using the form below.
There are no gimmicks, no hassles, and no worries.