Please Note: I’m now accepting guest posts but you must follow my rules to the letter…
I’m looking to increase readership dramatically by opening up this blog to quality blog posts from like-minded survival and preparedness bloggers with the direct benefit of driving quality traffic to your site via your guest posts.
Please Note: I’m getting more and more picky about the posts I’ll accept and publish. I expect posts to be truly useful to my readers by explaining something useful (e.g., “how to” posts) or discussing topics in an unexpected or not often mentioned way and so on…
What I Require Of You (The Rules):
- No re-published or re-hashed information from your own site or elsewhere; unique content is a must! I’m not interested in generic articles or information that can be readily found on dozens of other sites and I certainly don’t want articles that have appeared elsewhere, even if re-worded or spun.
- A minimum of 2000 words (with NO filler material). I’m looking for cornerstone pieces, not just 2000 words. Everything must have a purpose to the article and not be filler to meet this minimum requirement. In some cases less words will suffice, for example, if there are multiple photos and/or videos that explain things better but don’t send me a 500 word article with a few photos and expect me to publish it.
- English speaking with good grammar is a must. If the article is hard to read even though it’s written in English then I won’t publish it.
- Photos must be properly credited with an appropriate URL if it’s not your own photo as I won’t publish without it. Multiple photos and videos are, in fact, welcome.
- Outbound links are welcome such as to your own site or other useful articles. Just don’t link to obvious affiliate links (though they will be allowed) and definitely not to sites that try to sell alarm systems… those drive me nuts. 😉
Benefits To You:
- Your article will be featured on my front page for about a full week.
- Your article will be posted on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and elsewhere. If you didn’t know, we have over 2K email subs, 14K+ Facebook fans, several hundred Twitter followers, 30K+ Pinterest followers and growing.
- You’re welcome to create an author profile with “dofollow” links back to your site as well as links to your social media profiles (with “nofollow” links), including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and more if you like.
Submit Your Guest Post:
Email me rethinksurvival (at) gmail (dot) com with the subject “guest post” and attach the article as a Word or text document. Be sure to add a subject line and any author bio information you’d like for me to include as well.
Note: photos are encourage and welcome (with appropriate credit), just add them as an attachment to your article in the email and make it clear where to put them in your posts. Video links are wonderful too, just add them to the body.